Skip to main content


Créteil campus

Practical information on student accommodation

The cost of housing varies considerably in Paris and the Paris region. French and foreign students may be able to obtain housing subsidies from the Family Allowance Fund (Caisse d’Allocation Familiale).

You are strongly advised to make sure that you have accommodation before the beginning of your course. Be careful, however, because finding accommodation from a distance can be difficult, since it is impossible to visit the accommodation, make an informed decision or sign a rental contract. It may be therefore be better to opt for temporary accommodation a few weeks before the start of your classes. You can then use this time to search on the spot for permanent accommodation and take the appropriate administrative steps.

There are many accommodation options in Paris. Here are some of them and some useful links to help you in your search.

  • The housing unit of the student culture and life service

Provides rooms in private homes, rooms in exchange for services, shared accommodation, studios and apartments. You can consult the ads for these regularly updated offers on the spot. To access the file you must be a student at UPEC and present your student card for the current year.

Students can also benefit from Personalized Housing Assistance (APL). Download the file from the CAF (Caisse d'Allocations Familiale) website.


The Centre Régional des Œuvres Universitaires et Scolaires provides rooms in university residences. Registration is possible only on the CROUS website. The amount of accommodation is fairly limited, so you should start looking in good time.

  • Private student residences

Private residences for students can be found in all areas of Paris and the Paris region. They often provide a high level of comfort and can offer various facilities (reception, intercom, common room, cafeteria, laundromat, cleaning, garage, etc.). These residences are frequently located near campuses. Rents therefore vary considerably.

  • Renting in the private sector

It is also possible to rent directly from individuals or through estate agencies acting on behalf of the owner of the property. This solution is the one most used by students. It allows a choice of location, type of housing and possible shared accommodation. Renting in this way may be especially appropriate for students who are relatively independent and already socially well integrated. Rents vary greatly according to the neighbourhood, nearby services and the size of the accommodation.

This Paris Town Hall website has a section on housing for students, and also offers many useful  tips about moving to Paris or the Paris region.

ADIL provides information and advice and can analyse your situation, offer guidance, and answer your questions.

Marne-la-Vallée campus

The University Housing Platform can help you find:

  • A rental
  • House or apartment sharing
  • Sublet accommodation
  • A temporary room

Thousands of private homes and accommodation/estate agencies are available on the various sites of the University.

For further information click here

Sénart campus

If you are looking for accommodation, UPEC offers affordable university housing (CROUS) and accommodation in private homes or private residences.


Créteil CROUS:
Sénart: +33 1 6413 4490
Fontainebleau: +33 1  6074 6839


Melun CAF: 0 820 25 77 10
21 avenue du Général Leclerc 77 000 MELUN

The CAF website:

Mis à jour le 09/04/2020 08:58